Monday, September 30, 2019

The Best Of 2018, As Seen From 2019


For Your convenience, a list of the Best 2018, as determined by me (with links to reviews, where available):

PLEASE NOTE: I did not see A STAR IS BORN, EIGHTH GRADE, FIRST MAN, LEAVE NO TRACE, IF BEAL STREET COULD TALK, GREEN BOOK, WILD PEAR TREE, GREEN FOG, NIGHT IS DARK WALK ON GIRL, CREED II, APOSTLE, REVENGE, A SIMPLE FAVOR, THE LAND OF STEADY HABITS. Any one of which could for all I know be the best thing I ever saw.











Into The Spider-Verse


Suspiria




Mandy


The Night Comes For Us


The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs



Also Excellent:
You Were Never Really Here
Blindspotting
Let The Corpses Tan
BlackKklansman
Isle Of Dogs
The King

Burning

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know, I wanted to, but I kept starting and getting stumped. It's such a primal, undiluted sensory experience that every critical angle I tried to approach it from just ended up circling back around to the subjective experience of watching it. It's like trying to review comedy; either you personally find it funny or you don't, and there's not much use trying to explain why to someone else. But obviously I did love it, and maybe I'll take another swing at trying to articulate my feelings on it some day.

      Delete